The United Arab Emirates falls in the category of the wealthiest countries in the world, where festivals and merriments have their charm and significance. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and seven other emirates make the UAE nation one of the most powerful and considered in the region. Widely famous for the vast deserts, tall buildings, and marvelous structures paired with modern technologies, the United Arab Emirates can be the perfect destination to enjoy the cultural & traditional amalgamation. The home of the most worldwide urban communities of the Middle East, there is a slew of various types of social and religious festivals celebrated in UAE, i.e., United Arab Emirates, that ought to be seen while holidaying in this gorgeous city of sheiks.
The festivities and merriments celebrated across the United Arab Emirates are mainly related to Islamic culture and religion. The auspicious date and timing of the UAE festivals depend on the Muslim schedule, and hence, their dates might shift starting with one year then onto the next based on the position of the moon. The extravagance, magnificence, and advancement of its urban areas, for example, Dubai and Abu Dhabi, have made it to have the wonderful experience of celebrations and festivities. Do you know that the city of shopping – Dubai, has a day celebrated as the festival dedicated to shopping only?
Well, this is not the only festival that sounds so interesting and out of the box as the UAE is known as the hub of grand events, festivals, and celebrations. Here, we have the list of the top famous and exciting festivals in UAE that you cannot afford to miss when you are holidaying in the UAE. Let us see what we have in the house:
1. Dubai Shopping Festival
- 2023 Dubai Shopping Festival Date: Thurs, 15 December 2022 – Sun, 29 January 2023
- 2023 Dubai Shopping Festival Location: Dubai
- If you are the one whose favorite spot for shopping has always been Paris or Milan, you will be surprised to know that Dubai has established itself moreover these destinations.
- Dubai is now counted under the category of the world’s fashion capitals, loaded with certain significant brands and stores.
- If your mind is not striking any better ideas to spend some time in Dubai, then a little retail therapy can be your savior.
- Dubai Shopping Festival has been one of the main highlights of city life since 1996.
- This grand and marvelous festival has become the go-to event for every shopaholic looking out for some extravagant fashion markets with a great scope of bargains.
- If you think that Dubai Shopping Festival has only clothes to offer, then you are highly mistaken as this place is full of fun and livelihood.
- Live concerts and popular food vans are among the primary entertainment resources to make your evening super fun and entertaining.
- Last but not least, the most important thing is that the festival runs for a month. So, there is no need to be in a hurry. Pack your backs, make space in your wardrobe, and don’t forget to take your credit card as the Dubai Shopping Festival is waiting for you.
2. Eid Al Fitr
- Date of Eid Al Fitr: 20 Aprill 2023, on Thursday
- Eid Al Fitr, commonly known as Eid, is one of the most extraordinary and main festivals of Muslims, celebrated at the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting.
- The UAE region is mainly driven and dedicated to the Islamic culture and tradition, and hence, EID and Ramadan are celebrated religiously in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and all across UAE.
- The month of Ramadan is marked by the prayersof devotees and the whole country come together to celebrate this holy month.
- People wish each other on Eid and Ramadan by sending Ramadan gifts online in UAE along with their warm wishes and greetings.
- Wherever in the United Arab Emirates, you happen to be, the remarkable celebration at the end of the blissful and pious month of Ramadan in Abu Dhabi and Dubai will provide you a wonderful experience.
- The whole UAE is dolled up for the celebration, and spectacular firework displays will have your heart for sure.
3. UAE National Day
- National Holidays in the United Arab Emirates in 2022 Date: 02nd – 3rd December 2022
- National Day of UAE is considered as one of the most important days, marking the union of six emirates and the formation of the UAE.
- The main reason for celebrating National Day is to celebrate the anniversary of the formal independence of the United Arab Emirates from the UK.
- 2 December of every year is when the streets are dolled up with the national flag, and locals organize certain dance and gala shows to make this day more special.
- If you are in UAE for the National Day celebration, you will also get a chance to enjoy live concerts and shows at the Zayed Stadium.
- You can have a very nice experience of UAE culture and tradition through innovative performances depicting UAE history.
4. Al Dhafra
- Al Dhafra is one of the grandest and biggest celebrations dedicated to the culture of the local Bedouin.
- If you have a desire to enjoy and experience the UAE tradition and culture, you cannot miss the opportunity to visit the Empty Quarter.
- Al Dhafra of UAE is a perfect occasion to showcase Emirati traditions and cultures.
- From falconry to camel racing and even dance and gala performances, you get plenty of entertainment sources to make your evening super fun and filled with a memorable time of togetherness.
- This Abu Dhabi special traditional festival also marked the Mazayna camel beauty contest, where more than 10,000 camels take part and enhance the beauty of this festival.
5. Dubai International Film Festival
- After all these traditional and religious festivals, it is time to tell you guys that the UAE offers some entertaining and interesting festivals like the Dubai International Film Festival.
- For every film fanatic, Dubai International Film Festival is one such perfect day they all have penciled in diaries.
- If you are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or anywhere in the UAE, you cannot miss enjoying this popular UAE festival.
- DFF is considered as one of the top and leading festivals dedicated to films in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
- This remarkable festival was incepted in 2004 and served as one of the most internationally influential platforms for Arab filmmakers.
- Marked with the presence of some popular Hollywood stars, this day is made more special when film stars discuss their latest projects and answer fan questions.
6. Prophet’s Birthday
- Prophet’s Birthday 2023 will begin on the evening of Tuesday, 26 September, and end on the evening of Wednesday, 27 September.
- If we have to mention the most important festival in the Islamic Calendar, then the Prophet’s Birthday is the one.
- This one-day festival is dedicated to and celebrates the life of the Islamic Prophet Muhammed.
- If you are in UAE or any of its emirates for the Prophet’s birthday, you can experience parades organized by the locals as a remark of their respect for the Prophet.
- This special festival ends with a traditional meal with friends and family, including the birthday cake.
7. Islamic New Year
- Date of Islamic New Year 2023: Islamic New Year 2023 began on the evening of Tuesday, 18 July, and ended on the evening of Wednesday, 19 July.
- Islamic New Year holds utmost significance as this day represents the beginning of the Muslim era.
- The Muslim calendar, called the Islamic calendar, has exactly 11 days less than the Gregorian calendar.
- The beginning of the New Year is known as Muharram, and the ending is marked as Dhul al-Hijjah.
- On this day, people visit the mosques to pray for the peaceful start of the New Year.
- You can also enjoy the experience of fireworks at some places in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, along with the organization of parties and events.
The list of popular festivals celebrated in the UAE we have here must have given you an insight into the heartfelt tradition and culture followed in the United Arab Emirates. Next time, do not forget to enjoy some of these festivals when you are in Dubai, UAE, with your family, friends, and relatives. With festivities and celebrations, there comes the ritual of sending wishes and greetings to your near and dear ones. Owing to this, Flowerdeliveryuae.ae presents its wide range of gifts for every special festival and celebration. You can get online gift delivery in Dubai for birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Ramadan, and even Emirati Women’s Day.
Explore the wide assortments of gifts like flowers, cakes, chocolates, greeting cards, and personalized gifts at Flower Delivery UAE and heighten up your festivals and merriments.