Flowers – The Best Gift for Any Occasion
Flowers are truly the best gifts that bring a huge smile to anyones face. Receiving a gorgeous set of flower arrangements,bouquets, or just a single flower is enough to brighten someones day.
Flowers make great gifts in expressing various sentimental emotions to the near and dear ones. You can send flowers in UAE to your close ones to wish them a happy birthday, a happy anniversary, or
just to send your best wishes, etc. If you have received flower arrangements or bouquets on a special occasion,you must be wondering how to take proper care of these flowery gifts so that they last
longer. Keep reading below to learn how to take care of flower arrangements or bouquets to sustain them for a longer period.
Care Guide for Flower Bouquets
Flower bouquets,whether they are small ones or huge bundles,are wonderful gifts for the close ones.If you have received a bouquet and want the cut flowers to last longer then follow the points
- Remove the packaging of the flower bouquet with care.
- Do not remove the ribbon or string that is keeping the flower bouquet together. Remove it only after you place the flowers in a vase.
- Next, cut at least 2 to 3 cm of the stem from an angle.Do not cut the stem using your hands. Use sharp tools such as kitchen knives or scissors to do the job. Cutting a few centimeters of the
stem will help the flowers easily reach the water.
- Place the flowers in a clean vase and fill it with lukewarm water. You can place the bulbous flowering plants in cold water.
- Next, you have to give nutrients to your cut flowers, so add some flower food in the flower vase.
- Flower food or flower preservatives help provide your blossoms with nutrients and keep the flowers fresh, which will further help prolong their life. These preservatives also help maintain the
pH balance of the water in the vase. Furthermore, the flower food also helps eradicate bacteria and germs that can build up around the flowers stem.
- Look for signs of aging in the flowers when you cut the leaves and stems. Some flowers may have drooping leaves or spotted stems. The healthy cut flowers should have erect leaves and blooming
- Remember to change the flower preservatives and water every 2 to 3 days. Not changing the water will build up bacteria and germs, which will hamper the growth and life of the flowers.
- Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, heat, fans, or radiators. Heat can dehydrate the blossoms; they won’t be able to last long. It is best to keep the flowers in a cool room or an area
where the temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius.
Care Guide for Flower Arrangements
Given below are the tips for taking care of flower arrangements:
- The flower arrangements are placed on an oasis block.
- Check if the oasis block is moist. You must water the oasis block for 2 to 3 days to increase the life of your flower arrangements.
- You can keep the flowers in this arrangement,but if you wish, you can also put the flowers in a vase and follow the care guide for flower bouquets to keep the cut flowers fresh and last for a
Care Guide for Flowering Plants
If you want to grow some alluring flowers in your garden and know how to take care of them, follow our helpful care guide below.Taking care of flowering plants is entirely different from the
care guide of floral arrangements as the flowering plants require soil, adequate sunlight, etc.
- First, choose the flowering plants to grow in your home. Easy flowers to grow and take care of at home include Marigold, Bougainvillea, Hibiscus, Zinnias, Impatiens, Sweet Peas, etc. You
can also visit your local nursery or websites for online flower delivery in UAE to look for more flower varieties.
- To have healthy and long-lasting growth, the flowering plants will need many nutrients that they can get from fertilizers. Choose a fertilizer that is rich in phosphates which help in growing
the flowering plants. It is best to avoid the fertilizers rich in nitrates as they cause the plants to wilt quickly and hinder their growth.
- You must place the flowering plants in an area where they can get adequate sunlight. This is essential as sunlight helps in photosynthesis, which helps in the growth of flowers. Once the
flowers start to bloom, remember to keep the plant away from sunlight. Some people forget this step, and their flowers get dry and wilted within a day.
- Flowering plants also require lots of water for healthy growth. So, make sure to take care of the plants by watering them regularly.
All the tips in or flower care guide given above are very easy to follow, which will help the flowers grow healthy and last longer. You can also add more flowers and plants to your home by
online flower delivery and decorate your home with alluring blossoms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How much water do flowering plants need?
The flowering plants need at least one inch of water every six to seven days.
Q. How long do cut flowers last?
The cut flowers last for around 7 to 14 days if you take proper care of them.
Q. Do cut flowers require sunlight?
No, the cut flowers do not require sunlight as they have already been cut from the main plant. They only need to be kept in a cool room to last longer.
Q. Does baking soda help in flower blooming?
Yes. Add one tablespoon of baking soda to water and add this mixture to the plants to help in blooming.
Q. Can I add vinegar to cut flowers?
Yes, you can. The vinegar will keep the cut flowers last longer and remove bacteria from the stems of the flowers.